Saturday, August 12, 2006

Desk and treasures

Yea me. I finally finished my desk..well the construction faze at least. Took me a week longer than I planned but it's finished damn it. Ran across lots of little obstacles that added to the extension of the finish date but I did it myself. I have to thank my dad for letting me help him build stuff in the garage when I was a little gilr. And for dragging me to my now fave store Home Depot. LOL After a week it is still standing (errr, rolling, it has wheels) so he must have taught me a thing or 2 correctly.


I've been searching the net and retail stores high and low for patterns or inspiration for the plushies I want to start to make. I've found a few patterns and then I found a book at Hobby Lobby that looks promising. Today I went into work for a lil OT the ended up being very little. One hour vs the planned 5. I took a detour to an antique mall and started digging in the book shelves of this one booth that had a sale going on. I told myself I had no choice but to buy stuff because HEY it's on sale. I started thumbing through the post cards (I'm looking for a vitage postcard with a butterfly on it) and then turned to the bookshelves behind me. I found a ton of treasures (pics to come) I was buying it all sight unseen because they were packaged in plastic and didn't want to be the type of person to open it and then end up not buying it. LOL So sight unseen I bought a few "papergoods" as the lady behing the counter called em. I even went through 100+ sewing patterns in booth 916 & 310 LOL. As I was paying I asked to leave a message for the owners of these 2 booths and the 310 owner was still there. We exchanged greetings and contact info. She offered to put my plushies in her booth if I wanted. She is going to keep an eye out for me for some vintage toy patterns too.

So today was pretty productive. Sorry for the long entry. I'll try to post more often smaller posts in the future.

P.S. A friend of a friend drew up a banner for my blog. My friend Candy is going to make me one too and another for my Etsy acct. I just might end up making it myself. With that said my blog might be headerless for a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker