Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A,E, I, O, U. El burro no soy yo. El burro eres tu.

I had fun this holiday weekend. A while back I found a vintage iron on transfer at the antique mall. It being a vintage transfer I didn't want to cut it to transfer the design. I've found an iron on transfer marker at Michael's made by Sulky.

I really haven't embroidered since I was a child. I remember my mom teaching me. I had my own embroidery hoop and all. So I was excited when I found this.

I transfered the design. Eventhough the pattern can be transfered like 2-3 times I taped it to my journal and added an entry to my hand written journal. Just a lil something about my new project. I started it an then my friend came over and I set it aside. She was impressed to see how crafty I was. She saw my desk for the first time and realized why I ended up making my own desk.

The next day I spent most of the day finishing my book for book club and moved on to finishing the embroidering of Beto el burro. MAN I KNOW WHY THEY INVENTED THIMBLES. The 2 thimbles I have weren't comfortable so off I trotted to trusty Wally World. I spent like 45 min. in the craft section planning on what I wanted to do with this lil donkey. I hadn't really planned on anything because it was just a practice run. You know to test out the new and old stitches. But the lil guy was turning out pretty cute and I COULDN'T just let him sit in a box somewhere. So I decided to make him a pocket on an apron.

I found a 2.33 apron pattern. It's a see and sew or some other economicaly priced sewing pattern. It's actually really cute. Well, I've decided to make an apron like the folkloric skirts we used to wear for Jalisco. Not the whole skirt, just the ribbons on the bottom with one pocket displaying Beto el burro.


So now that burro is finished, it's on to planning the apron. I might give it as a gift or post for sale on my Etsy.com account. Keep ya posted.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this! Of course, I love donkies so it's a given that I love this! But your workmanship is quite amazing. I love what you said in an earlier post about being creative but not artistic (I think that's what you said, forgive me if I misremember). I am this way too and was just in a swap where I had to draw and really wondered after starting why I had organized the swap! I cannot draw! But I have so many ideas floating in my head!

9/06/2006 7:38 AM  
Blogger THE MODERN DAD said...

that donkey apron idea is awesome. id love a t-shirt personally. oh wait a minute id love a polo shirt with the donkey all mini sized on the upper left chest, ala RL polo shirts. Dope.

9/07/2006 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker