Saturday, September 09, 2006

To Paris, with all my love.

Bag for Paris, originally uploaded by SewcialButterfly.

A few weeks ago my cousins visited for our first annual Cousin Fest. My niece (second-cousin), Paris, is growing up so quickly. I remember when we used to babysit her. She was talking about how they are not allowed to carry purses at school and she has to stuff all her stuff in an ugly pencil bag.

I had an idea to make her a pretty pencil bag and matching tote bag. She had this really cute abercrombie & fitch tote bag that I studied. I can't stand A&F however the tote sparked an idea in my head. I found this really cute wristlet pattern and blew it up on the xerox machine to pencil bag dimensions.

I found this really cute pink fabric on the $1 table at wally world and decided to make her a pink bag. This might be a bad idea since Paris has been quite the tomboy growing up but it seems she is getting a lil bit girlie recently.

Oddly enough instead of starting with the pencil bag I started with the tote. No pattern. From scratch. The handles have a ribbon sewn on and I hand embroidered little X's every inch or so. I stenciled the crown and made it with a square bottom. I am quite pleased how this turned out. Now it's time to move on to the pencil bag.

Now I am excited because my Curch of Craft (COC) meeting is tomorrow. Finally, I'll be able to ask a more experienced crafter for help on finishing stitches and other stuff that has been driving me crazy.

2 Comments:

Blogger ithinkearthisheaven said...

that must be the perfect gift for her

9/09/2006 3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, My name is Cathy and I am a Hurricane Katrina evacuee, I make purses and handbags, mostly tropical ones with fringes and bamboo handles
but also seasonal ones. I entered craft fairs back home, but I could use some motivation out here. My email is Cprewitt@att.net, I would love to go to one of the craft parties (adult bevs and food!)

9/22/2006 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker