Monday, September 11, 2006

Turtle Pin Cushion

Turtle Pin Cushion, Originally uploaded by SewcialButterfly.

I've decided to put together a surpise package for an online friend of mine. I don't know how much of a surprise it is by blogging about it. LOL I have it all ready to go but could not help but feel like something was missing. It has a sewing theme and thought a pin cushion would be the perfect way to complete the package. I spent several hours at the sewing machine expirementing with a new pattern and filling the pin cushion with sand. I've never used sand in a craft project so I had some challenges that I did not anticipate.

I made an inside shell to hold the sand and filled it but the opening was too small. So I had to drain the resevoir and filled it once it was in the shell. The challenge was sewing the hole up of the sand resevoir after it was filled. Then I finished stuffing it with the polyfill. He turned out specatular and I cannot wait until I can post pics of the package.

********************************************************************

I went to my first COC meeting yesterday. I must say I was really disappointed. Only the lead person for the Austin Chapter was there. She wasn't rude but she wasn't nice. Actually, yeah she was kinda rude. I was so disappointed that I don't think I will ever go to another meeting. Complete waste of my time.

I went to get tips on things that I was having problems with (like finishing stitches, etc). When I asked this chic some questions she acted like it was a bother to answer her. She didn't care to know anything about me or what I was working on. She pretty much ignored me. We sat in silence for near 15 min working on our own projects. I text msg'd my sister to call and save me. She did and I went out with her and my neice, Stephanie. I am going to try to form my own craft club/sewing circle when I can find the time and the interested people. I don't mind hosting at my house. I just want to meet people with similar interests. Keep ya posted on that.


3 Comments:

Blogger Funky Finds said...

love the turtle! fabulous

9/11/2006 1:53 PM  
Blogger THE MODERN DAD said...

have you tried the austin craft mafia? i think theyre on myspace

9/11/2006 10:33 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

You have to apply for Craft mafia. Dude it's like joining the Mob. they are very selective. I still might give them a try. Thanks for the support and for the suggestions

9/12/2006 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker