Monday, October 02, 2006

Sewcial Butterfly Pinhead Experiment

A while back I found a tutorial online about creating Shrinky Dink pins at Wee Wonderfuls. I thought it was a cute idea and wanted to make some with the Sewcial Butterfly Logo/Monogram on it.

So I picked up some Grafix Shrink Film at Hobby Lobby. It is suppose to work like Shrinky Dinks, per the instructions. I get it home and I purchased WHITE instead of CLEAR. I didn't realize this until AFTER I opened the package. I cut out some test pieces, drew on em and stuck em in my toaster oven. It's a new toater oven my mom bought me at Zee Boutique (a.k.a. Goodwill) and burned my fingers trying to figure the thing out.

I left if for a few minutes and watched it curl, shrink, uncurl, and shrink some more, I took it out and noticed it was rather thick for a shrinky dink. Come to find out it is nothing like shrink dink. I was kinda disappointed becasue it didn't look right with a pin pushed though like the tutorial.

So I did some experimenting. This is pretty much the final product. I am pretty satisfied. I just glued the monogram piece to the head of a pin with some epoxy/superglue I bought at Wally World.

It was a booger cutting the circle so my dad is lending me his 3/4 punch he uses for jewelry making. So I am a happy camper and cannot wait until I get home to do some more crafting.


I am still working on the proposal for the book so I will keep you updated once I make more progress with that.

Wish me luck!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker