Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Bird in flight


IMG_1975.JPG
Originally uploaded by Gilkatta.

Here is the bird I made for my friend...well for his baby. I had my heart set on making this bird because of the bird motif on the baby's nursery walls. And it had to be RED. Red birds are good luck...at least that is what my grandpa always told me. It is a simple creature that I knew the baby would enjoy.

This baby is sooo special and I wanted to give the family a custom piece for the baby's baptism. It turned out surprisingly well for a first attempt. It hangs on monofiliment (sp?) to appear to be flying if hung near a ceiling fan. He has black bead eyes and embroidered feet on his underbelly. Gil promises more pics. Once he posts them I will be sure to share.

1 Comments:

Blogger Funky Finds said...

even though i'm scared to death of birds, you make a wonderful gift! so thoughtful :)

1/17/2007 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker