Monday, October 09, 2006

Buttons, buttons, buttons...Old and New

Before my grandmother passed away she gave me a jar of old buttons she had. I sorted them by color and put em in baggies. I use them in all my crafts when I find it appropriate.

Since I've been crafting so much lately, I found myself running low...then I couldn't find most of them. I looked hi & low for them and to my disappointment, I cannot find them. The last craft crusade I made I found 4oz. bags of buttons for a buck-fiddy. So I piked up 2 bags and went my merry way.

I get them home and sort them by color and find a few treasures among the ordinary, runt of the mill buttons. I set them aside and will use these for special projects.

It's weird how we hold on to things sometimes. I couldn't bear to mix my old buttons with the new in the baggies. I've been misisng my grandmother as of late and crafting makes me feel closer to her. I know she would be proud of me. This might be why I am putting so much effort into all my projects.

i cannot wait to find little projects to make just so I can add these new treasures to them.

Wish me luck

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Becka said...

I used to have a bunch of buttons, they have gone by the wayside over these past few years, but ya know what I did keep?

My grandmothers massive collection of embroidery floss. I have all the colors I need not buy anything for some time to come. Lots of needles too.

10/09/2006 11:06 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thank you for sharing this with me. Wow. To have a supply of embroidery floss. That ROX!

10/09/2006 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker