Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A day for celebrating

"Good news and bad news" is how Nicole started the email. My heart sank and fluttered at the same time in anticipation. I read on. Bad news is that the pincushion bracelet did not make the book because a different bracelet was considered. Fair enough.

Good news is my plush pincushion AND sewing kit made the cut. The only catch is that instead of a turtle they would like to see a Porcupine and a different color bottle for the sewing kit.

New Sewing Kit Originally uploaded by SewcialButterfly
So I am super stoked and ready to do some revisions. If my final products are approved I am looking at being a published crafter and will be on my way to a successful start. Maybe 2006 won't be such a terrible year after all. LOL

I'm off to start making the changes requested. Look for plenty of updates on these projects.

Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! I made a pincushion with a pill bottle a few weeks ago, though mine is not as functional as yours. Very cute!!


http://www.flickr.com/photos/70174493@N00/257254566/

10/24/2006 10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they wanted like 7 or 8 styles of mine... big hit out of the park she said. Most are bottlecaps (eyes, ladybug, flower basket, violets, etc..) but they also want my retro amoeba with a couple small changes, and my vibrant larger vinework ones...

10/24/2006 11:35 PM  
Blogger Becka said...

Ah that is one kewl travel pincushion, I love it!

Sidenote: Cookie hates to have her picture taken, and will not sit still for mommy to do it. LOL ^_^ Thanks for your kind comments always sweetie.

10/25/2006 2:25 PM  
Blogger THE MODERN DAD said...

dang! wheres the turtle love! thats cool though, i see where porcupine would be better. but who loves porcupines?

11/01/2006 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker