Wednesday, February 07, 2007

From my hands to yours

I received all 3 swaps from the Swap-Bot.com's From my hands to yours swap. I received 3 very awesome handmade items. The 1st I received is the above pictured pin. It is made of felt, tulle, lace, feathers, and a heart made from a vinyl LP. I think that heart ROX and would LOVE to know how she made it. It came from Canada. The envelope was a collage of Lindsey Lohan magazine clippings. I'm not a big Lindsey fan but think the envelop is a work of art...front and back.

The next item I received was a hand crocheted dish wash cloth. I've read about these nifty cloths in my crochet magazines and on the net. I've tried to study it. My sister and I tried to learn how to crochet and hope to make something this amazing some day.
Sweet Originally uploaded by SewcialButterfly
It came with a sweet handmade bookmark too. I love the embossed stamp and the heart shaped buttons. I love love love me some buttons. :D This is another item from Canada. Two swaps from Canada. Reminds me of the pen pal that would send me stickers when I was a child.

The last item I received is an awesome sock monkey. I opened the package and was excited to get a sock monkey but saw this wooden something or other. Did it have a bat?
Klein Henszlein Originally uploaded by SewcialButterfly
Nope. It was a PEG LEG! I almost squeeled with glee to get such a unique gift. I cannot wait to take pics of him in the backyard. I will post more pics of him this weekend, weather permitting. I passed this lil guy around the office and everyone wanted to take him home. He has an eye patch with a lil embroidered 'X' where his eye should be. He has a hoop earring too. I could just die! All he needs is a sock parrot to complete the look.

He came with a tag around its neck that reads:
Klein Henszlein A german pirate who raided ships in the north sea, until his capture and beheading in Hamburg.
I thought this was imaginary until I read the enclosed card that told me that Klein Henszlein was a real pirate. TOO COOL! I exchanged emails with the designer and thanked her. She is a pretty awesom gal that I hope to stay in touch with. Thanks Julie!

This was fun. I hope to do another soon.

Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I'm so glad you like him! And I'm honored that he was featured on your blog :)

Talk to you later,
Julie

2/08/2007 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker